Advanced Zimbabwean Mbira with Angela Scharfenberger
This class will meet at LFS - a signed waiver (below) is required to complete your registration.
Students will build on the songs learned in the first level. Students will become more comfortable with playing with three fingers, and with using simple call and response "high lines" (lead parts).
- More in depth information about cultural context
- At least four additional songs
- New variations and lead lines for songs from Mbira 1
- Harmony singing with the mbira
- Hosho patterns (gourd shakers)