Rhythm Guitar for the Advancing Beginner
Rhythm Guitar for Advancing Beginner with Bobby Winstead
This class will meet online - an invitation to a recurring Zoom meeting will be sent by the instructor in advance of the first class meeting.
Continue to strengthen good guitar fundamentals and incorporate some fun new techniques. Great for the student who knows some chords, or has taken a beginner's class already and is looking to get more in the groove.
We'll explore such things as:
- Keeping a solid alternating bass line with the boom-chuck pattern
- Learning bass note runs between chords in different keys
- Five-note scales and using them to add melody to a song
- Intro to alternate picking/flatpicking
Other topics that will likely come up:
- using a metronome
- exercises for certain fundamentals
- 1-4-5 chord groups for different keys
- the use of 7th chords, and other relevant theory
- Learning songs and simple song charting
- Alternate strumming patterns
- Guitar 1
- Ability to tune
- Familiarity with basic strumming with a pick
- Familiarity with chords G, C, D, A, E, B7, am, em, dm, F
- Using a metronome
Students will need access to a computer with Zoom, including a microphone and a camera. Short video assignments will be used each week to allow the instructor to give individual attention to each student. A Google Classroom page will be available to students to receive materials from the teacher, communicate throughout the week, and keep track of assignments.