TUESDAYS from 6:00-7:10pm BEGINNING MAY 23 FOR EIGHT WEEKS
Mandolin 1 with Tom Cunningham
This is your introduction to one of the most versatile folk instruments around… the mandolin!
Learn easy chords and strum patterns to accompany a handful of our favorite old-time
and bluegrass songs. We will learn the melodies to some of the standard fiddle tunes
that have been passed down for generations.
Mandolin 1 is an introductory course for absolute beginners. You don't have to have any
musical background to begin playing. This course will introduce all the basic concepts of
playing mandolin including:
- How to hold the mandolin/how to use a pick
- Learn to read tablature and chord diagrams
- Learn easy, two-finger chords
- Develop a basic strum pattern for accompaniment
- Learn chords and melodies for several fiddle tunes or songs
By the end of eight weeks you'll have learned multiple tunes in different keys and will be quickly on your way to becoming the mandolin player you aspire to be.
Open to all, ages 11 through Adult.