Julia W. Purcell
Bluegrass Duets 2: Harmony Singing
Louisville Folk School Workshop
Bluegrass and Country Duets II: Harmony Singing
Presented by Julia Purcell & Blakeley Burger
January 12, 2020. 2-5:30pm
- Group will listen, learn, and sing selected duets
- Group will discuss the historical significance of various bluegrass and country duos
- Group will learn melodies and various harmonies
- Break into duos to work on specific song(s)
- Duos will arrange songs and practice leading them- kicking it off, taking a solo, guiding group with body language, ending song.
- Each duo will showcase their song(s) at the end of workshop
2-3:15 Large ensemble: Introductions, warm ups, and learning/singing
3:25-4:15 Large Ensemble: continue learning/singing
4:15-5 Break into duos
5-5:30 Showcase: share what you’ve learned.