Bluegrass Jamming Class using the Wernick Method
Bluegrass Jamming Class
Taught by Dave Howard using the Wernick Method
This class will meet on eight Saturdays beginning January 20 12:30-3PM
Early Signup Discount: $25 until January 8!
**When enrolling in this class, please indicate in the special instructions field which instrument(s) you play.**
- Hands-on learning in large and small groups
- Learn many bluegrass standards
- Gentle tempos! Mistakes expected!
- Full ground rules and etiquette of typical jams
- How to lead songs and how to follow new songs
- How to find melodies, fake solos, sing harmony
- Ear skills taught and emphasized, as in real bluegrass
- Reading skills not needed or used
- Group and individualized instruction on backup skills
- Understanding, low-pressure, time-tested teaching
Do you qualify? It's easier than you may think!
If you play guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, bass, or dobro... you can be part of a bluegrass jam. Ukuleles welcome too!
You must be able to tune your instrument (electronic tuning devices welcome) and change smoothly between G, C, D, and A. (Fiddles and basses need to know which notes work with which chords)
**When enrolling in this class, please indicate in the special instructions field: which instrument(s) you play, if you sing, and if you have any jam experience.**