Bluegrass Ukulele Techniques
Bluegrass Ukulele Techniques with Jenny Morse
If you’re already comfortable with the basics of ukulele but want to learn how to use a pick, play melodies, and fit into a bluegrass jam, this is the class for you!
You will learn how to:
- Use a pick and strum in a “boom-chuck” pattern
- Start to play some of the more difficult chords
- Pick easy melodies for several songs
- Use 7-chords to add complexity to your playing
- Understand the Nashville Number System and make it work for you
- Keep your head up at a bluegrass jam even if you’re the only ukulele!
Please note that this is not a beginning ukulele class. For maximum benefit, students should start the class already able to change smoothly between G, C, D, A, and F chords.
Bring any soprano/concert/tenor ukulele, a tuner, and a pick that feels good to you. Open to ages 11 and up.