CLAWHAMMER BANJO 3 with Chris Rodahaffer
This class continues the clawhammer banjo journey in Clawhammer 1 and Clawhammer 2. We will explore new tunes and revisit old tunes to learn new skills and deepen our understanding of clawhammer banjo. Recent tunes by modern performers may also be included.
Skills we will hone:
- Dressing up tunes using hammer-ons, pull-offs, slides
- Adding syncopation to your playing
- Playing melody and chords up the neck
- Drop-thumb and left hand pull-offs
Tunings will include:
- G tuning for keys of G and A (with a capo): Kitchen Girl, Billy Chetum, etc.
- Double C and D: Over the Waterfall, Forked Deer, etc.
- Sawmill: Cold Frosty Morning, Clinch Mountain Backstep, etc.
Who Should Attend
This course will teach repertoire and technique and is intended for intermediate students looking to polish their skills. Students should have a strong right-hand clawhammer stroke and experience playing in Open G, Double C, Double D, and Sawmill tunings.