Dobro 1 - Hybrid
Dobro 1 with Ian Thomas
This class has both online and in-person sections. Please choose whether you want to join this class in the classroom or virtually via zoom using the options above.
This class is an introduction to the great art of Dobro. In this course, we will be going over the necessary skills needed to have fun playing resophonic guitar.
In class we will:
- Learn the basic chording of the dobro.
- Using the bar properly.
- A better understanding of Nashville number charts.
- Basic riffs that make up many dobro solos.
- the basic rolls that are most commonly found in bluegrass dobro.
- Learn the proper use of the capo.
- Learn how to play in the keys of D, G, A, E, and Bb.
- Get a better understanding of the overall role dobro serves in a Bluegrass band.
Make sure to bring your instrument, a folder, two fingerpicks, a thumb pick, a dobro bar, and a dobro capo.
Dobro is a great first or second instrument for anyone and is a strong choice for anyone that is experienced in three-finger style banjo.