This class has both in-person and online options that meet simultaneously. To meet on Zoom, select the online option and an invitation to a recurring Zoom meeting will be included in the orientation email sent upon checkout.
This class is for dulcimer players who have completed Dulcimer 1 or have mastered similar skills. Students should be familiar with the basic D, A, and G chord positions in D-A-d Tuning, be able to keep a steady strum, and be able to play a few simple tunes. A mountain dulcimer capo will be needed for this class and can be purchased from the instructor.
Open to all, ages 11 through Adult. This class will meet for 8 weeks
Students will learn:
* Increased repertoire of songs
* Gain greater confidence with strumming, various rhythms, and flat-picking patterns
* Explore a variety of chord positions
* Improve ability to hear chord changes and play by ear
* Gain confidence in jamming circles and playing with others
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device