Old-time Guitar Greats
Regular price $ 180.00 Sale price $ 162.00
Old-time Guitar Greats - an Introduction with Kris Truelsen
This class will meet online - an invitation to a recurring Zoom meeting will be sent by the instructor in advance of the first class meeting.
Learn the fundamentals of old-time guitar through the repertoire of some of country music’s early masters. Artists like Jimmie Rodgers, Riley Puckett (The Skillet Lickers), Asa Martin and others helped to make the guitar a signature sound of country music in the 1920s and 1930s.
In this course you’ll learn various techniques, styles and approaches to playing old-time guitar including learning repertoire, fiddle tune back up, guitar runs, practice techniques and more.
Students will learn
- common chord patterns
- connecting chords with runs
- learn one song per week
- practice techniques
- feel and tonal nuance
- common old-time rhythmic variations
- techniques for singing and playing
Students should have
- Students should have previous knowledge of basic major chords
- Understanding and mastery of basic boom chuck rhythm
- Be able to change b/t chords to keep in time
- Skills to sing and play guitar at the same time