Songwriting Workshop 102
Songwriting Workshop 102 with Lily Lyons
This class is perfect for songwriters who have taken previous songwriting classes or have more experience. You will build discipline and productivity in your writing through sharing songs in the weekly workshop and receiving hands-on feedback. All genres are welcome! We’ll tackle more advanced and continuing songwriting techniques and topics such as:
- Chord theory with the Nashville number system
- How to write post-choruses, intros/interludes, and instrumental or vocal hooks
- Ways to make stronger rhymes and rhyming patterns
- Recording and releasing strategies
- How to help your melody and lyrics sound more natural together
- Methods for making melodies catchy and interesting against your chords
- Perspectives and point of view in lyrics
Goal: By the end of the 8 weeks, you will complete 2 full songs and share them with your classmates.
Prerequisites: Previous experience with songwriting required. Musicians who have taken previous songwriting class(es) at the Folk School or elsewhere will find this class to be at a good level. If you haven’t taken classes but have more extensive experience writing and releasing then the class could be a great fit for you too! Feel free to get in touch if you’re not sure.
Contact: Instructor Lily Lyons can be reached at lily@louisvillefolkschool.