Stamper Family Fiddle Tunes for Flatpicking Guitar
Regular price $ 180.00 Sale price $ 162.00
Stamper Family Fiddle Tunes for the Flatpicking Guitar with Jesse Wells
This class will meet online - an invitation to a recurring Zoom meeting will be sent by the instructor in advance of the first class meeting.
Hiram and Art Stamper and their family have been legends in traditional music circles for well over a century. In the guitar class we will tackle some of the Stamper family’s most popular fiddle tunes in the modern flatpicking style. Each week we will explore two tunes from their vast repertoire of unique pieces that have become jam session favorites. We’ll explore adapting tunes typically played in alternate fiddle tunings on the guitar as well.
Students will learn:
• A variety of exciting fiddle tunes from legendary fiddler Art Stamper and his father Hiram Stamper
• Theory and techniques for translating fiddle tunes to guitar
• Right hand picking skills for tone and speed
• Left hand finger choices and alternative for fiddle tune melodies
• Arrangement and chord options for tunes
Prerequisites: Intermediate Level. Good basic knowledge of chords and scales on the guitar. The ability to play simple single note melodies on all six strings.